Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Numbah Two: Intro/retro-spectiviativaly Superdooper


It’s safe to say that there have been influences in my life. It’s also a fair statement that not all of them were good ones. With that in mind, I still turned out pretty alright. It's interesting the way some people are influenced by different events. Through my own observations, I've found that some people under pressure can channel the stress to work harder and do better in other aspects of their life, but others just seem to crack under the weight. For those that are good at dealing with stress, I'd say to keep it coming, but can they too break? Or for those who start off weak, might they get stronger?

I've always been interested in psychology, even since before I knew what it was. Once I discovered personality quizzes, I went bonkers. I loved coming up with quizzes that I'd try on other people--though few had the patience to do me the favor. Not until quite recently did I see the real depth and intrigue that came with it.

Maybe I've just been blissfully ignorant, but it seems like people have a lot more problems than I'd give them credit for. Not in a bad way exactly, because everyone has them. Different people deal with them in different ways though. I wonder if there are names for different kinds of people... bottlers, ranters, whisperers, criers, cutters... whatever. It doesn't feel right to label them though. It reminds of one of the episodes of Dead Like Me, when one of the main character's shares with her friend a weird hobby. This hobby is taking pictures of people and putting them in sacks according to the type of person they are. I don't think people should be able to be categorized like that. It's hard to keep yourself from thinking that way though.

Why hadn't I just stuck to ranting about Crispin Glover...

No comments:

Post a Comment