Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No. Cinco: Gettin' to the Grit, (plus some nonsense)

I'm not a big meat eater, mostly because I don't like the bits of fat and grit. Fish is good. Chicken can be okay... Five Guys' burgers are fantastic though. Anyway, I usually don't like gritty things, but I've found that one of the most interesting things to do has to do with grit.

People nit-pick and scurry around the bible, misinterpreting and avoiding certain aspects of it that they don't think fit into their lives. By doing so, they are not only losing sight of the truth, but missing the opportunity to enjoy something immensely interesting to study. There are a couple things I'd be interested in discussing. After a lot of research, studying, discussion and prayer, I've come to a conclusion on a lot of different things such as how God feels about homosexuality and it's origins, and why bad things happen in the world. I don't want to give the impression that I know a lot, nor anything for that matter. But I do think a lot about stuff.

Sin in itself is a pretty weird thing. The fact that no one can keep themselves from sinning is evidence that sin exists. To those who don't believe in the Fall of Man, what else could possibly force people to do the things they do? I mean, isn't it logical that a race as supposedly intelligent as humans should be able to control themselves? I mean, that doesn't mean that everyone wants to abstain from sinning, but those that do want to would be able to.

Edit: Found this thing laying in my forgotten blog drafts and couldn't think of a reason not to post it...

No comments:

Post a Comment