Saturday, September 3, 2011

17: Hmm...


So, I could write this post on a lot of different things, but Tom Waits has been occupying most of my thoughts lately, so maybe if he's the topic, I'll be able to move on. If you dislike Tom Waits, you can get out now.

Bad As Me. But I'm sure if you know me at all, you've already heard all about it. No? Well, he's releasing a new album, the first completely new one in EIGHT YEARS. It's coming out on October 25th. I'm... for lack of a better word, ecstatic. And I hope to see him in concert whenever he tours. They always tour when an album's released, right? Right? He better tour. -___-

Well, I didn't have nearly enough to say about Tom. I mean, I could rant about his fantasticalamazingliness, but that would go against everything about him. Understate the important things and give the silly little things a little too much attention. Makes you think about the reason that he only has two Christian songs. Hm, perhaps he thinks it's too important an issue to cover with his fanciful songs too often? Or maybe I'm just blowing smoke.

Okie dokie, new topic.... hrm, hrm, hrm. Oh, le beach. When you're at the beach, does it seem like the people far off, that you can't even see, are louder than the ones beside you that you're trying to talk to? It's as if there are one of those cheeky sound current things that they have in the capitol building. Or that it's impossible to have an important conversation of any kind? It always seems to mellow out, even if it starts off serious. And there are only stupid attractive people or smart, chubby, families... It's absolutely dreadful. It's hard to find interesting people. Even I lose all my interesting characteristics when I go to the beach. Only the super eccentrics, like the yellow dancing homeless man, seem unusual. Unusual in a healthy way, mind you. Everyone else is just dull. -__-

What else can I be overly dramatic about? Hm. Well, I'm very patriotic, it seems. After chatting with a Aussie for a while, I've come to the conclusion that I actually care about my country and it's well being. And even more, I like it. I LIKE my country. It's my favorite one, actually. We've got Cowboys, the Moon, Hollywood, hillbillies, Thanksgiving, buffalo, New York, over populated prisons, a bad economy, oodles of CO2 emitions, crazy politics, a smidge of every kind of religion you can imagine and I love it all! We gotta be the greatest country of all time. I am proud to be a United Statesian. Er, American. =D

Are you patriotic about your country? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment